The New Year is now in session, many training and educational activities are in the works. Whalers
will have many opportunities to refresh old skills, acquire new ones and in general be kept up to date on activities in and out of the water.
1. A new Divemaster class is forming and we have two candidates. The plan is to start knowledge development in the next few weeks where candidates will study in the convenience of their own homes and on their own time by logging into PADI.com. If necessary, we will conduct academic sessions to clarify material. Water training will start sometime in May or June.
Orientation session at Dahlia's Wednesday, Jan 21st, 6PM.
Please contact Dahlia asap if interested. She will be holding a DM orientation session which will present the entire curriculum and provide complete information on requirements and expectations. All answers and details about this class will be provided at that time.
2. Critical skills pool session which will involve practice of some skills divers learned in their open water class and never practiced again. These skills can save a diver's life. There is no certification and no cost.
3. Dive Theory academic session which will refresh your knowledge and understanding of physics and physiology of diving, enhancing dive safety. There is no certification and no cost.
4. Know Your Gear practical session during which we go over every single piece of gear, get to know what your particular gear does and does not do, maintenance and problem prevention. There is no certification and no cost.
5. In the next couple of months I will be completing my own certification as a Self Reliant Diver Instructor and will offer the class to Whalers. This is the class which generated the greatest amount of interest. This will be a certification class and cost will be the price of training materials plus a small surcharge to cover expenses associated with class. This class requires additional gear which may be borrowed or rented.
Based on requests and future need there will most likely be additional classes to be scheduled.
Please email me with any specific class you are interested in. I teach most specialties including but not limited to Emergency First Response and Advanced O2 Provider.